Last updated on 17 October 2016.
This website is operated by Paymentsense Limited ("Paymentsense", "we", "us", "our").
We are registered in England under company number 06730690 and our registered office is at Paymentsense Ltd., 9 Clare Street, Dublin, Ireland. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z1683152. Our VAT number is 327 4075SH.
Please read each of the following sections carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following information:
Information about you and your business that you give to us, such as your name, user name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, country of residence and any other information about you that you might choose to volunteer, when you:
- request a quote using our Free Quote form
- register for an account with us;
- log into your account via our Billing Portal
- submit a request or enquiry through our Help Centre
- subscribe to receive our newsletter (only your email address is required for this) or request any other information from us;
- submit comments or feedback for publication on the website;
- complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time;
- participate in any competition or prize draw that we may run on the website from time to time;
- respond to our marketing communications;
- complete enquiry forms on the website;
- correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise; or
- report a problem with the website.
Information about you or your computer that we collect automatically each time you visit the website:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; location data and other communications data; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we lawfully receive from other sources, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
- Information about you and your business that you give to us, such as your name, user name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, country of residence and any other information about you that you might choose to volunteer, when you:
How do we use your information?
We use the information about you that you give to us:
- to administer any account or registration you may have with us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the products and services that you request from us;
- to administer your participation in any competitions or prize draws we may run from time to time;
- to provide you with our newsletter, if you have subscribed to receive it, and any other information that you request from us from time to time;
- to notify you about changes to the website;
- to communicate with you about any comments, queries or feedback you might have about us or the website;
- for publication on the website (for example, in connection with your listing or advertisement or for review or testimonial purposes), but only if you have either provided it to us for that purpose or if you have consented to this;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- to ensure that content on the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to provide you with information about products and services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone, SMS or email. We will send that information by SMS or email only if: (i) you have consented to this, for example by opting in when you register an account with us; or (ii) the information is about our products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you (and you have not opted out of receiving such marketing messages); or (iii) where we are permitted to do so by law without consent, for example, if you have provided us with a company email address. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us using our contact details in paragraph 15 below).
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- We use the information about you that we collect from other sources in combination with the information you give to us and the information about you that we collect automatically. We will only use such information for the purposes set out above.
- We use the information about you that you give to us:
- We do not knowingly collect information from individuals who are under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not register an account with our website or provide any information about yourself on our website. If you have already done so, please contact us.
Information about other people
Disclosure of your information
- We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require anonymised data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 150 men aged 35-45 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in a particular location). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Paymentsense or substantially all of the company’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by the company about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our various terms, policies and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Paymentsense, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storing and securing your information
- We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security. Your information is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any of your information transmitted via the website. Consequently, any transmission is at your own risk. If we become aware that the security of your information has been compromised, we will notify you by email or as otherwise required by law.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you must not share it with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your password or any other aspect of your account has become compromised, you must inform us immediately using our contact details in paragraph 15 below.
Links to third-party websites
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for third-party websites or their privacy policies and we strongly advise you to check such policies and the reputation of the website before you submit your information to, or carry out any transaction on, any third-party website. We welcome any feedback you may have about third-party websites linked to from our website.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. If you would like to exercise your right to prevent such processing, you can do so by clicking on any "Unsubscribe" link in our emails and following the instructions or by getting in touch with us using our contact details in paragraph 15 below.
- Please note that you cannot opt out of communications from us concerning the administration or security of your account with us, or any transactions relating to such account, or any other essential communication concerning the administration, safety and security of our services.
Changes to your information
- If any of your information featured on our website (whether relating to your account or otherwise) is incorrect, please update it. Alternatively, if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may contact us to correct it using our contact details below. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you have provided to us remains accurate and to notify us if there are any changes.